Passata-based Tomato Soup is effortless to prepare and can be served within thirty minutes. This soup comprises Passata (a form of tomato sauce), heavy cream, a touch of sugar, and several other ingredients. Best of all, this recipe requires no slicing, blending, or knife work. It cannot be any simpler than that! So, how to make tomato and basil soup recipe using Passata?
Tomato And Basil Soup Recipe Using Passata
Tomato-basil soup is a classic for a good reason. It is a delectable appetizer or light main course due to its vibrant hue and crisp, tangy flavor. This recipe describes preparing this soup with Passata, which is effectively tomato puree. This time-saving ingredient imparts a robust tomato flavor without peeling, slicing, or pureing whole tomatoes.
- Preparation Time: 2 Minutes
- Cooking time: 8 minutes.
- Total time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 2 portions
- Tomato passata: Tomato passata is rich and intense, giving the Creamy Tomato Soup additional dimension and body.
- Vegetable stock powder: Powdered vegetable stock adds concentrated flavor and dramatically improves the recipe.
- Onion: I’ve used a red onion here, but a white onion could be substituted if desired.
- Garlic: adding garlic provides a mild fragrance and enhances flavor.
- Coconut Yogurt: Coconut yogurt makes the vegan tomato soup creamy and contrasts the tomato passata’s acidity.
- Dried basil: Dried basil is the ideal complement to tomato. Basil is a beautiful complement to the sweet and savory flavors in the Creamy Tomato Soup, bringing a sense of freshness to the dish.
See the recipe label for complete ingredient and quantity information.
- Basil: you may substitute oregano or dried marjoram for basil.
- Tomato passata: If you don’t have any tomato passata on hand, you can substitute two cans of diced tomatoes.
- Coconut yogurt: You could substitute coconut yogurt for dairy. I use soy cream because I am lactose intolerant, but conventional single or double cream would also work.
Directions Of Tomato And Basil Soup Recipe Using Passata
Here are the steps of making tomato and basil soup recipe using passata:
1. Preparation Work
- Begin by slicing the onion and garlic very finely.
- If using whole-tinned tomatoes instead of diced, puree them to the desired consistency.
- The fresh basil leaves are washed and set aside.
2. Sautéing the Aromatics
- Heat the olive oil over a medium fire in a soup pot or Dutch oven.
- Add the diced onion and sauté for approximately 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and simmer for another minute, preventing it from browning.
3. Adding Passata and Tomatoes
- Pour in the Passata and diced tomatoes from a can. To thoroughly combine with the sautéed onions and garlic, stir well.
- Add the vegetable broth, sugar, and seasonings to the dish. Stir to integrate ingredients.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-high heat.
4. Simmering and Blending
- After the broth has reached a simmer, reduce the heat to low and allow it to cook for 15 to 20 minutes. It permits the fragrances to combine.
- Using an immersion blender, blend the broth until it is smooth and velvety after simmering. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can transition the soup to a regular blender in batches; however, be careful, as hot liquid can splatter.
- Return the broth to the pot after blending.
5. Finishing Touches
- Tear the basil leaves and incorporate them into the broth. Stir in the basil leaves and allow the soup to simmer for five minutes.
- If you prefer a soup with more creaminess, stir in the heavy cream at this point and boil the soup until it is thoroughly heated.
- If necessary, modify the soup’s seasoning with additional salt and pepper.
How To Store Leftover Tomato And Basil Soup Recipe Using Passata
It is simple to store leftover tomato and basil soup, allowing you to appreciate this delicious dish on multiple occasions. Here are instructions for storing and reheating leftover soup:
- Cooling: Allow any residual soup to cool to room temperature after preparation and consumption. Please do not leave it out for more than two hours at room temperature to prevent bacterial proliferation.
- Portioning: If you anticipate having leftovers, it is advisable to divide the broth into smaller containers before storage. It makes it simpler to reheat only the quantity required in the future.
- Refrigeration: Place the soup containers in the refrigerator within two hours of preparation. Cover the soup containers with airtight lids or plastic wrap to prevent them from absorbing solid aromas in the fridge.
- Storage Duration: Storage space Tomato and basil soup can be refrigerated for up to three days. After this period, the quality may begin to decline.
- Freezing (Optional): Consider freezing the soup if you wish to hold it for an extended period. Pour the soup into airtight, freezer-safe containers, leaving some headroom at the top. Alternatively, you can use freezer bags. Date the containers to facilitate their monitoring. You may freeze tomato-basil soup for up to two to three months.
- Reheating From The Refrigerator: To reheat soup stored in the refrigerator, pour the desired volume into a saucepan and heat it over medium-low heat. Stir periodically to ensure uniform heating. You can also reheat it in the microwave by stirring every 30 seconds until the desired temperature is reached.
- Taste And Adjust: After reheating, taste the soup and, if necessary, adjust the seasoning by adding a pinch of salt or pepper to suit your flavor.
- Serving Suggestions: Consider garnishing leftover tomato and basil soup with fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of olive oil for a visually appealing presentation.
Variations Of Tomato And Basil Soup Recipe Using Passata
1. Deluxe: Numerous methods exist to elevate this Vegan Tomato Soup to a higher level. Serve the broth with homemade gluten-free croutons as a garnish. To prepare these, cube stale or gluten-free bread and fry it in olive oil until it becomes crispy. Season the soup with salt and pepper, then scatter them on top. In contrast, if you have any fresh herbs, chop them and distribute them over the casserole; basil and oregano are my favorites, but chives, flat-leaf parsley, and coriander also work well. Lastly, a swirl of yogurt looks fantastic and adds extra creaminess!
2. Kid Friendly: This is a beautiful recipe for children; if you want to get them to consume more nutrients, this Creamy Tomato Soup goes well with my Superfood Bread!
3. Spicy: If you enjoy spice, adding chili flakes to this dish will give it a genuine kick!
Tips For Success
- You can enhance the flavor by adding a teaspoon of red pepper flakes for a hint of heat.
- For a restaurant-quality presentation, serve your tomato and basil soup with a sprinkling of olive oil and a few fresh basil leaves.
- This soup combines well with grilled cheese sandwiches or baguettes.
This tomato and basil soup recipe with Passata is an excellent addition to your cooking repertoire. It’s straightforward, quick to prepare, and bursting with flavor. Whether you enjoy it as an appetizer, a light supper, or a bowl of comfort on a rainy day, this soup will satiate your cravings for a traditional and hearty dish.
Thank you for reading…..