This tried-and-true Instant Pot chicken and yellow rice recipe has repeatedly fed our family. Rice combined with tender and juicy chicken in a substantial dish. If you are searching for an Instant Pot recipe for beginners, this one fits the bill. So, how to make chicken and vigo yellow rice instant pot?
Having four sons has prepared me to prepare substantial meals. It is a delectable and hearty one-pot meal. I enjoy serving it with a side salad to satisfy my boys’ demanding stomachs.
Chicken And Vigo Yellow Rice Instant Pot
Stock up on chicken breasts and frozen vegetables whenever they are on sale so you can prepare this dish anytime. I enjoy having chicken and vegetables on hand in the freezer. Then, when I am unsure what to prepare for dinner, I know I have all the ingredients for this straightforward dish.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Servings : 4
- 1.5 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken thighs salted and peppered
- 3 tablespoons of virgin extra-olive oil or avocado oil divided
- 1 medium-sized yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup when chopped).
- 1 large carrot, diced (approximately 1/2 cup when chopped)
- 4 minced garlic cloves or 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 3/4 cups of vegetables or chicken bouillon or water
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice, raw and drained for 1 to 2 minutes in a sieve under running water.
- 1 1/2 tsp of paprika
- 1 tsp powdered turmeric
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt for taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- The Instant Pot
- Small bowl
- Salt and pepper the chicken thighs with a few grains each. Put away.
- Whisk together the paprika, turmeric, oregano, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small basin. Add garlic powder to this mixture if you’re not using raw garlic.
- You should add two tablespoons of oil to the Instant Pot. Ensure that the oil uniformly covers the bottom of the pot. Set the Instant Pot to Normal Saute.
- Once the oil has heated up, add the chopped onion and carrot. Cook for 3 to 4 min. Put garlic and cook for an additional minute until fragrant. Add the seasonings and stir to incorporate the vegetables evenly.
- To shut off the heat, press Cancel.
- Add the rice, broth, or water, 1 tablespoon of oil, and 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. Combine the ingredients by stirring. Do not incorporate the chicken thighs into the sauce.
- Install the lid and select Sealing—8 minutes on Manual, High Pressure, with the Instant Pot.
- After the rice has finished cooking, leave the pressure to go away naturally for 10 minutes beforehand, releasing the residual pressure (using a hot pad holder or towel) and removing the lid.
- The poultry is shredded with two forks. Fluff rice using a utensil. Stir in the frozen green peas to integrate the chicken, rice, and peas. Serve the peas when they are heated or at room temperature.
The infamous “burn warning” is the factor that discourages people the most from using an Instant Pot. There must be just enough liquid for rice for this to work. I have made and tested this recipe numerous times and deem the measurements accurate. Be careful to read the instructions on the rice package and add the specified amount of liquid (beer and chicken stock).
How To Store Leftovers Chicken And Vigo Yellow Rice Instant Pot?
Instant Pot Chicken and Yellow Rice leftovers are stored well in the refrigerator for a fast lunch or dinner later in the week. You can keep it in a secure container for three to five days.
How Long Does Chicken And Rice Last In Fridge?
Refrigerate your remains for up to three days. If anything is longer, you will want to discard it if it begins to go wrong.
Try this simple chicken dinner recipe tonight and see how your family enjoys it. This dish is a family favorite and a preference among us.
The Chicken and Vigo Yellow Rice Instant Pot recipe, is a flavorful and speedy meal option. The Instant Pot’s convenience results in a perfectly balanced dish of tender chicken and aromatic Vigo Yellow Rice. It is a delicious and time-saving option for those looking for a satisfying dinner.
Thank you for reading…..